Sunday, March 4, 2012

New York, Baby

If someone asks me where I wanted to go if I had a door to go to anywhere, I'd answer New York out loudly. Funny because I've never actually been there, nevertheless I feel something entwined with this city. This madness about everything New York related started along with my madness for Gossip Girl series five years ago. And ever since that moment, I will go mad about everything related to New York. For me, a movie set in New York will never be completely bad, no matter how trashy the plot is or how green the actors are. I still have the vivid New York view to see, and everything is gonna be alright.

I have been bewitched by the fast-paced lives of New Yorkers until I make a promise that I have to be there someday. Frankly, what fascinates me from New York isn't its glamour with the skyscrapers, but the lifestyle of New Yorkers. What I have in mind about being a part of New York is being a civilized human being, who walks in coat, drinks espresso, watches art movies, sits down in chic cafes talking about books and philosophies, visits art museum to commentate on surreal paintings. I know this stereotyping is not true and not all of New Yorkers living the kind of life I always dream of. And if I ever made it there someday, there are big chances that it won't be the kind of life I'll be living. But still....dreaming is legal, so I'll still keep dreaming about my flat in Manhattan with a view to Empire States building and my job in Wall Street. By the way, I think this will explain how much I love New York: every time I listen to Coldplay's Paradise, what I have in my mind is every "Paradise" words are replaced with "New York"....

"In the night, the stormy night, she closed her eyes.
In the night, the stormy night, away she'd fly.
And dreamed of NEW-NEW-NEW YORK."

P.S.: If you share the New York obsession, you should pay a visit to Hello New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment

come talk to me.