Friday, March 2, 2012

Wordsmiths

I am now a happy-jolly geek. Because....I just attended a book launching yesterday for the first time in my life! It's"Cerita Sahabat" book launching, written by Alberthiene Endah and friends. Thanks to Alexander Thian(@aMrazing), one of the writers, whom I got the invitation (and free book!) from. I got the invitation because I shared (via twitter) my silly experience with my friend when I mistakenly returned to a wrong studio while watching Laskar Pelangi, and saw Nikita Willy on the screen instead. Turned out my story was chosen so I could get the invitation! So I joined the crowd yesterday, on the very first of March, in Kinokuniya Plasa Senayan.

A little intro the book, it is a compiled of short stories written by Alberthiene Endah and 11 of other writers. Most of these 11 writers are not professional writer, but they are famoustwitterians who have various backgrounds. From air-steward to TV series script writer to gossip writers . And It has been really inspiring for me, when these writers shared their stories about writing. I felt triggered to start writing too. Well, writing has been my passion since I don't know when. But all I know is when it all began with my addiction for Enid Blyton's books. And when they talked about the joy of seeing your name printed on books as the writer, I couldn't help thinking that it is my dream too. One of the writers, Tjhai Edwin said a very inspiring and motivating line when I asked him to autograph the book. "Mungkin sekarang kamu yang minta tanda tangan aku, tapi siapa tahu suatu saat nanti aku yang minta tanda tangan kamu waktu kamu udah nulis buku." It was very very very nice of him to say that line because there was something there that made me promise I'll make it come true.

Then finally....at the end of the event I was in line asking for all the writers' autographs, 10 of them (2 were unavailable). It is so nice to read the book knowing I have the signs of those writers in the very first page. Salute to all the wordsmiths. I will always adore writers and think they are soldiers, in the battlefield of papers and words!

P.S.: I'll share my thoughts about the book when I've finished it!


Alberthiene Endah, the lady behind the idea
My fully autographed book! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

come talk to me.